Growing Up Online Reflection Koffi

1. In class we watched a video called Growing up Online
  2. The show was about the internet and its effect on technological advancement, education, and people, especially our generation
  3. The most memorable thing about this show was the individual stories of each teen that seemed really different but were actually quite similar in some ways. For example, Sara and Ryan Halligan, two very different teens with two very different stories, both turned to the internet for solace. Unfortunately neither of them found positive outlets online. In fact the internet may have made their issues worse.
  4. Shows like this are important because it is crucial that problems, like the ones discussed in the show, don't go unnoticed or forgotten. Instead these problems should be addressed and possibly solved.
  5. To keep my family safe online I would make sure that rules and norms are understood from the beginning. Norms about behavior online will be clear and precise 
  6. I think that it's important to make sure that family is safe online because my family's well being is important to me. I wouldn't want my family to be unhappy or to feel threatened. Safety in real life is clear so internet safety should be too.
  7. I would tell those parents to show their children shows like Growing up Online. The effects and consequences of abusing the internet should be made known to their kids
Screenshot 2016-01-12 at 8.11.50 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-12 at 8.11.50 PM