Heaven Mendez- Media Fluency

When most people think of themselves, they try to picture things that they like, personal interests, musical tastes, favorite colors, things of that sort.  However, do they ever think of things that can describe them as a whole? After receiving an assignment in tech class and playing around a bit, on keynote, I've came up with this slide, describing not only myself, currently, but also my experiences at SLA. This assignment called for a slide made with inspiration from a few websites, that depicted something about the student. Basically, some personal aspect of that student. Although this is pretty small, this is something that can describe me as a whole!
The design, although simple, took a large amount of thought placed into it. For example, the slide is a mixture of different blues. Originally, I wanted the slide to have a multitude of different bright colors, but people would only be transfixed on the color, and not on the words, or meaning, from the text placed at the bottom. I wanted to find something, not only simple, but fitting for the message written at the bottom. How fitting is adorable rows of different stars, under a positive message? It only makes sense! The color isn't very eye catching, however, it is very bright, allowing others to look long enough to admire the design, as well as the statement below, which is what everyone hopes for, when creating anything for public viewing. 
The text, was also a big decision in the process. I couldn't decide whether to use a humorous phrase, or a logistical phrase. Then, it hit me. Because the slide was about me, why not use something that one, people can relate to, and two, something that I've learned, as a ninth grader? After much thought, I produced the sentence, "Everyone's a star, you just got to let your light shine,' in reference to the many positive pieces of advice given to me throughout my first few months in high school. I know the phrase may be overused, and said probably a million times, but it's important for people to remember. Everyone has that one thing that sets them apart from everyone else, therefore, making them unique. The only thing is, they shouldn't be afraid to let that, 'light,' shine, and stand out of the crowd. Taking both the ideas of empty space, simplicity, and a positive message, this is how I came up with the slide, describing me! 
It's been only a few months here, but I'm learning a lot about myself. The lessons taken from SLA, and even tech class will stay with me for a long time, even after I graduate from SLA! Anyone can do anything, as long as they have confidence in themselves, that's certain.

Tech_Project1
-Reflection-

I made a slight change to the original slide. The text was off toward the side in the first one, which didn't allow the slide to be as, quote on quote, 'good,' as it should've been. I also played around with how the background image was, in order to have the entire image shown, and have less pieces of it cut off. 
Tech_Project2