How To Lie with Statistics Podcast 1-Tiarra & Lindsey

In our first installation of HTLWS, we cover chapters 1-4. We were both present and ready with our own thoughts and opinions on the subjects within these chapters. It's very long in comparison to some others, but we wanted to go in deph about the topics and (hopefully) not miss a single thing. Tiarra and I both listened to each other thoroughly and even challenged one another on these beliefs. The format in which we disect the book is by (obviously) reading the chapter, taking notes, and then coming up with our own questions to bring to the discussion. Please appreciate it.
chapters1to4stats

Mark Miles (Teacher)
Mark Miles

Good first podcast. You sometimes lose your way, but for the most part, a very good discussion.

For next time, please respond to the following prompts:

1. Choose one of the quotations inside the front cover and discuss how it relates to the Introduction.

Finally, when discussing chapters 3, 5, or 6, incorporate the following article into your discussion:

http://gizmodo.com/how-to-lie-with-data-visualization-1563576606

Also, each member of your group should find an article online containing a misleading graph and discuss it during the podcast (be sure to talk about why it’s misleading!). Be sure to include a link to all articles in the text of your post of the podcast that corresponds to chapters 3, 5, or 6.