Humanities Final Portfolio 2013

6 External Links:

1. Journal

2. Journal 2 

A big part of the year that I really enjoyed was writing in our journals. I felt as thought that was one of the only things that I felt confident in because there was no right or wrong answer. Often, Mr. Block would choose a question that was somewhat controversial and really made you think. I enjoy talking about things that make me think because I feel as though as long as i'm thinking, i'm bettering myself. 

3. Arab Spring Video

The arab spring video has to be one of my favorite projects i've done all year. It was such an interesting topic, and my group and I worked so well together. It was a lot of work, but in the long run it was way worth it considering the outcome of our project. This project called for making a video about the topic and before my group and I actually started the project, I was a little bit nervous about how it was going to turn out because making videos is NOT one of my strong points, but all in all, it turned out great. 
4. Podcast 

For this project we had to make a 8 minute long podcast. Now this was the best assignment i've ever had in my entire life. I thought it was such a great idea and really gave the students space to express themselves and the things that make them happy. For my podcast I focused on things that made me happy in my life and why they made me happy. I loved this project and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 

5. Descriptive Writings

Descriptive writing was one of the first units of the school year and a ver interesting one if I do say so myself. For my writings I chose to write about somethings that interested me, and that is art. While reading this essay I hope you really get a feel for what my painting looked like and the different textures that were included.

6. Poetry Unit

Poetry was one of my least favorite things to do. But after spending over a month of writing different types and styles of poetry, I kind of grew to enjoy writing it. I'm not the best poet, but I don't think i'm the worst. Here is a small poem I wrote towards the beginning of ur poetry unit. Enjoy.