Humanities Portfolio 2011

Screen shot 2011-06-13 at 1.32.08 PM
Screen shot 2011-06-13 at 1.32.08 PM
Ashyne Bright Final Portfolio !

My first general understanding was that our reactions to things have a lot to do with our environment. I learned in some of the books I read that we react off of the thing that happen around us. Like when the people where in the holocaust they where going crazy because they were put in very crazy situations. I have had some work that I have done. Like one of my things was a iture log that I did talking about this book named passing tht we read and it was very touching but it also made me think of the different changes people go through.

Literature Log

my second general understanding was that poetry is more than just words that you put on a piece of paper, it is the emotional connection to life that you express through similes, metaphors, and other different techniques. People that write poetry have some type of spiritual connection to there poetry that no one will ever have with someone else poetry. Mr.block taught me that poetry doesn’t always have to be structured but when it is it also can be your own. I love the wiki we did with our poetry. There is a link to it at the bottom of this paragraph.

Poetry Wki

My third general understanding was that citizens have the power but do not always exercise it. Different parts of our unit messed with this topic. Like the trials we had with Cortes and His Voyage. The people of the land had more advantage to them then they thought they had. They knew the land and they have the resources. But they didn’t have the time to think of it to save them selves. I have a link at the bottom of this paragraph of an example of the work that was done for this trial.

Trial Work
Cortes TimeLine

Another general understanding was that in order for someone to pass with a good grade and for something that they would be proud of he or she would have to really do their work. How would I know? Well because Ashyne likes to procrastinate on doing her work to the last minute and then bull**** it at the very end. It isn’t something that helps you in the long run because once you get use to it, it will be the thing you do forever and it is a hard habit to get out of believe me. So just do your work. Staying on the checkpoints is the best thing a person can do and actually being into the work instead of just getting by.

My last general understanding it that you have to be willing to change and work with other to be successful in this school. There is a lot of teamwork done in this school and there is just no space for loners here. There is something about team work that make things so much more fun and stressful but a good stress. It teaches you to be patient and work with all kinds of people. Those are my general understanding and this was my over view of my 10th grade year. 

Screen shot 2011-06-13 at 1.36.06 PM
Screen shot 2011-06-13 at 1.36.06 PM