Humanities Portfolio 2011

Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 10.24.19 AM
Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 10.24.19 AM

This school year has been a wonderful experience for me I have learned a lot of things. I've also begun to better understand different morals or saying people live by. One thing I started to understand is even though we have our freedom to do as we please. If people tried to do what they are suppose to do, when others aren't watching then it would help make their lives easier. I came to that realization during an interview with my father.

Although sometimes society gives people so much leeway to do as they please. Re-guarding what is right. They began to over use the right of freedom. Which causes the higher power to step into doing as they please no matter what the affect is on those around. Just like in the book Night we read in class the young boy Eliezer Wiesel who was deeply affect by the Holocaust due to the recognized higher authority of Hitler an his men. I wrote an academic paper demonstrating how is has affected him and the way he became.

That also reminds me about the monologue assignment we had. Taken history and bringing it back to life. Trying to show that even thought history tends to heavily repeat its self that are some aspects of it that people just might not know or fully understand. In my story I was telling how the higher authority has affect a community.

My favorite unit was the poetry. Just like any other form of writing it is a way to express the mind. I made a poem portfolio an in it I have five poems. I started to understand that you do not have to be an expert in a certain field to be able to accomplish the work. I love poetry and I like to write it, but when some people who feel the same way encounter another who might have a stronger way of expressing than they do. The thought of not being an expert really became a heavy thought.

Besides my liking of the poetry unit I was also fond of was the Op-Ed on child abuse. What was so interesting about this assignment was what ever we chose to write about, we had to have a strong point and sort of give the story. The topic of child abuse crossed my mind because it is something that is often no touched. While I wrote it I felt like I was giving an article a voice and a purpose. In my mind it was not only a piece a writing that was needed for class it became a possible end to the problem for the younger generation.

When I started this year it seemed as if it would be hard and the things the class were going to learned would be overwhelming.

Some of the assignments and assignment reading over this year had make me have the general understand that every piece of writing made will not always make sense or come together.  But it will always have a meaning and purpose.