HWellner - Net Neutrality and Teens

what-is-net-neutrality-video-blocked
what-is-net-neutrality-video-blocked
Sources:
​http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2014/04/18/what-is-net-neutrality

Net neutrality is the idea the all content, ideas, and everything else on the internet, is equal. They should all be treated equal, so that they can all be found equally. It's a very important idea, because if this did not exist, ISPs would be able to charge extra by for different things that you should normally have access to. They can also slow down your Internet speed, and then charge you extra for the fast lane, which is what you had before. It's very important that people understand and become aware of net neutrality and that battle for it.
But why should teens know about it? There are many reasons that teens should understand it, and be aware of it, and the fact that it's under attack. ISPs want to get rid of it, so they can charge for all those things you already have, and turn the internet into a much worse place. Teens have the most influence over the Internet, because they are the generation that grew up with the current network. They know there way around it much better than most older people that run this country, who are the ones arguing about this. Most teens don't know enough about net neutrality, or what it is at all.
If teens know about this, and why it's at risk of disappearing, it would be a lot different battle. Teens would react, and the internet would flood with their opinions, from YouTube to Facebook, and Twitter to Instagram. And I can tell you right now, without a doubt, that virtually all of those opinions would be pro-net neutrality. With all those people, all those voices crying out against the ISPs, the FCC would have to listen. If they didn't, their would be such a vocal outcry, it would see some of the biggest protests in all of our history, protests that, whether we like it or not, could end up violent. If teens become aware of net neutrality, there would likely be no risk of losing it.