IJhanae Chase Adaptive toys

My first idea was organizing a charity drive to pay for items needed at the EasterSeals school to make adaptive toys and switches. However, I was unfortunately not able to get the funding or resources for this idea and later decided it was best for me to scrap it. Nonetheless I developed a few more ideas during my advisory where I was able to receive peer feedback. I then decided I wanted to do pamphlets for the incoming interns for EasterSeals. I started this by reflecting back on my own internship experience by digging through old videos and notes I’ve taken and turning the information into a digital capsule. I wanted to showcase the many toys we could adapt with switches, but I knew It was something missing from my project. This later led me to helping Torian with a group of students who were already working on some adaptive switches. We plan to make adaptive wireless toy cars compatible with a wifi connection to smartphones and also some regular toys with adaptive switches. Though we weren’t able to meet the goal yet with the physical making of the toys, I was still able to reach my goal. I aspire to spread awareness on behavioral health and inform those around me on ways they can help. Keeping this in mind helps me make my project significant to not just me but those around me as well