Imagination Gone Artsy: Bottle Coin Purse

Internet Sculpture:
I was really excited to make this bottle coin purse because I saw a picture of in the spring of my freshman year. I never made it until now because I didn't think I could. But Ms. Hull changed my view. The first couple of classes we had on this project...well, I lolly gagged and then one night, I was overly stressed so I put everything aside and pulled out my supplies, the "how to" packet and spent two hours making it. 

Throughout the whole process, I learned the challenges of sewing, bleeding, and patience. To make this bottle coin purse, I needed the bottle part of a two 20 littler soda bottle(at least 3 inches up), zipper, string, and a needle. First I had to prep and make the holes for the string to go through. I left at least two millimeters from the top of each of the separated bottle bottoms. 

Getting the zipper to stay was the hardest part but then when I got that down the next hard part was to put the needle through the correct hole. I got so frustrated with this part that I had to let my mom take over but then I realized that even she couldn't get it down because she sewed it on backwards. Thanks mom! After I got that down, I was really proud of myself. In the middle of showing my dad, I realized that the zipper wasn't on tight enough so I had to add another string to tighten it and then I had my dad make a knot for me with only less then a centimeter of string. My poor dad. 

The hardest thing I had to work with was when I combined all of my materials to make one thing. It was really tricky. The easiest thing was making the holes. The holes were on the top of the separated bottle bottoms. It was hard to figure out when my project was done but my dad said it was getting late so I added the final touches and showed my family. Then I took my pictures and called it a day. I want viewers to know that anything is possible. So if you see something online that you want to make, it is possible!