Imani Blog

I have a Pink leg.

It all started when my sister decides to make herself some hot chocolate. It was a hersey brown, and by the looks of it you can tell it had the perfect amount of sugar. On top of the hot coco was small marshmallow the ones that come with the pack of hot chocolate. On top of the smaller marshmallows were two bigger marshmallows. That was the icing on the cake that made me drooling over the hot chocolate. My sister asks me “ Do you want some.” Me in a shock moment I respond and say “huh” Then very annoyed she says “ I see you staring at my cup of hot chocolate now do you want me to make you some or not.” I ignored the fact that she totally disrespected me and just nodded my head yes. We headed to the kitchen where our walls is painted grey with a white trim on the top and bottom. Near the stove we have tile by it so the heat want make our kitchen wall looks greasy and nasty. Then over by our dear park water dispenser is a radiator and the big white refrigerator. I head over to get me a tea cup by our mahogany colored counter where a white dish drying rack had sat on top. When I looked to see if there was any tea cups I realized I had to wash my out one in the silver colored sink with a hose on the side. While I was doing that my sister was getting the ingredients ready to make me the best hot coco a kid at the age of 9 had tasted. After the ingredients were out and my cup was cleaned, we went over to full the white and pink tea cup up with hot water. I remember the day before my mom told my sister and I that if we have the bottom of the water dispenser filled with water again that was our behinds. So I told my sister “ When your pouring the water go slow because I do not feel like hearing Mommy's mouth on the bottom of the dispenser full with water let alone hot water.” My sister sucked her teeth and responded, “ I know I’m not no little kid.” By the time my cup was half way filled I hear the phone ring. Our phone had the annoying answer machine where it calls out the number and name slow as to say your slow or something. I heard the numbers 215 742 and quickly assumed it was my grandmother calling about picking me up for the weekend. As I turned my head towards the phone to hear the remaining 4 digits I realize I had to keep an eye on the hot water from the cup. As turned my head back towards I seen my sister wasn’t paying attension either which cased the bottom of the dispensier to have little water in it. In my head just from the few drops of water I could picture my mom yelling and screaming about her having to clean up the water. So I quickly shoved the cup into the dispenser  as if I was some superhero stopping a car, to keep any more water from go to the bottom. After that moment everything moved so fast. It was like i was in a move but in fast forward mode. The cup of hot water fell on my left leg leaving a big pink scar. I was screaming so hard I though my lungs would come out of my mouth. I started Running all around the house. I even dropped stopped and roll, because the heat from the water felt as if my leg was on fire. moments later my mom came down and from the look in her eye i can tell that she was just as scared as I was. On my leg was a bright highlighter pink scar and you can see as the water dripped my skin slowly started to peal also. So she frantically said  “ Alisha grab you and Imani a coat and get her some shoes to wear.” Then my mom scooped me up and ran to her car, right behind her was sister crying. The ride to children hospitals was 7 Min's top, and normally that ride is roughly 10-15 Min's. My mom was driving like there was no other cars on the rode.  During the whole car ride I prayed. I was calling to God Jesus, and even my grandma to not let me die from this tragic accident. When we arrived at the hospital they immedietly took me to a room and started operating on my leg. The room had a blue curtain to cover me from seeing the ill patient on the right of me. The Bed had an annoying plastic on it that I ripped after the scrworming around I did. Above my head was some sort of annoying machaine that kept on beeping, which in my mind was a good thing and bad thing. The good thing was I was still alive. The bad thing was I was alive to feel this escroning pain. Out of my right eye while lying down  I can see my mom walk away crying. In my right ear I can hear my sister sobbing and crying praying she was making me even more scared. After about 10 Min's I seen my uncle come in and I can hear my mom tell my aunt who lived in Maryland to stay home that we have everything under control. I felt so much love but even that wasn’t enough to keep my mind from focusing on the pain in my leg. When the doctor came in he told me some devastating news, I had to stay over night and only my mom can stay. That could not happen. My mom sister and I are a trinagle. A perfect polygon and with out one side we become a non-polygon. Therefore we always stay together no matter what. So at the moment I started praying. For the whole 45 Min's I was in there. I was praying so much I could hear the nurses talking about going to church the following sunday. Through the whole experience I must say that my pray was answered, because with a second degree burn I was out the hospital in 45 Min's. I went home in my mom queen size bed with her big green soft cloud like comforter laid down in the middle with my mom and sister arm wrapped around me. After a few minutes of closing my eyes I was relieved that all of out heartbeats was beating in the same place and that was at home.

+ Kitchen
+ the emotionally behavior
+

? Describe Hospital
?
?

Hot chocolate- coca- More interesting

Tea cup- More interesting

Before incident more desritvie

Marshmallows

Placement+

Work on beginning.

Transtiion

Have you ever cried tears that felt like atomic bombs hitting your checks causing your skin to become weak. That's what I did repeatedly as I tried to cope with the situation I was in.
It all started the night before. My mom was in her bed room where the old wall paper pealed of like an onion be striped from its skin. Her queen size bed set in front of roughly a 35 inch Panasonic colored television. On the side of her laid a cluttered end table full with papers pens half full soda bottles and other junk. My sister and I ran into the room playing around just to have fun before it was time for bed. I sworn in and quickly said “Mommmmmmy” in a voice a 12 year old to immate the annoying voice of a little kid. My mom looked at me in disbelief that i was acting childish and quickly responded “ Girl get out my face I’m about to get on the phone, how about you and your sister get up out my room.” When our mom say the lines “GET OUT MY ROOM” to my sister and I that's an invitation to the play the “How long can you annoy your mom game.” So my sister and I jumped on the bed and quickly started laughing while cracking jokes on my mom. Just as we were getting started her phone rung. It was my God mother Jackie calling to talk to my mom because a few days ago she had recently had a baby girl. As soon as we heard that it was our god mother on the phone we got super happy. Then my sister and I began acting like 3 year old by jumping on the bed and messing with our mother. Of course the game had to end because not only did we have to head to bed for school, but my mom was about to go in one of her talk for hours deep conversations. Just to get one more laugh in we begged out mom to let us say goodbye to our god mom before bed. My mom insisted it was our bed time and told us, “ You will talk to her another time now go to bed.”
Next day my mom calls me on my cell phone saying “take you and your sister to uncle mopey’s I’ll pick y’all up from there.” I thought to ask more questions because my mom toned sounded as if she was in some serious trouble that she felt obligated to discuss when she picks us up. So I left it at that and told my sisters the news. My sister and I waited for my mom at our uncles. His house is extremely big. It was an old pretzel factory that he decide was best to fix up and turn into a house. Even thou the green paint is chipping and the grass was as high as a cornfield, the inside of his house was beautiful. He has these glass mirrors that have glass within the glass that makes up an unique pattered Steps with columns to follow up them and two big columns that is at the end. His couch is a nice big golden couch that it looks as if he robbed it from queen Elizabeth himself. In his dinning area is a long supper table with different cakes and cookies for people to come in and snack on, and right behind that lies an old piano me and my sister joke saying that its so old that bavtoven played on it. As you walk down the long table it leads you to two glass doors. On the doors says Ralph Lauren, behind the door lays a small kitchen area where pots dangling over top of the counter and chips and food feast on the counters. After spending a few hours in my uncle home my mom finally arrived. She showed up in my god mom small green car. She came in the house got my sister and I and then talked to my uncle for a few minuets. When my mom came in the car that’s when she was attacked with 21 questions. We started asking why she had god mom jackie car, where was god mom jacke, did she see the baby with out us, and by the look in my mom eye I can tell she had enough. She told us to sit back and shut up. The short 5 minuet car ride became a long 5 hour car ride because questions wasn’t being answered.
When we arrvived at the house my mother quickly told my sister and I to have a seat. I can hear it in her voice the news was bad so I stood up just so I can prepare for the worst. Thats when the words started fighting with her closed lips to give us the news that our god mom Jackie had passed. Thoese words came shooting at me and pierced me right through the heart. My eyelids was fighting back the tears. My brain couldn't tell what was real and was fake. Next thing I know our dinner room have became flooded with water from the tears that our body couldn't stop producing. I was so angry so upset that the wall has became an innocent victim of crossfire as my fist blistered into the white wall knocking it sheet rocks into pieces.
The death of my God mom lead me to think different. One I never said my last goodbye to my loved one leaving me never take another person life for granted. Two I have so many questions on why god chosen to take a prize possen out of my life.

I learned that I am a Strong writer but I can work on being on one topic at one time. Also I can work on my transition and expanding my vocabulary. Through My whole experience of writing these scenes I realized that there is a writing side of me. That I decide that I may want to try and practice more so i can write a book. As I was writing these scenes I notice my Strong points was getting descriptive and understanding where I can fit

It all started the night before. My mom was in her bed room where the old wall paper pealed of like an onion being striped from its skin. Her queen size bed set in front of roughly a 35 inch Panasonic colored television. On the side of her laid a cluttered end table full with papers, pens, half full soda bottles, and other junk. My sister and I ran into the room playing around just to have fun before it was time for bed. I sworn in and quickly and screamed, “Mommmmmmy” in an annoying voice of a little kid. My mom looked at me in disbelief that i was acting childish and quickly responded “ Girl get out my face I’m about to get on the phone, how about you and your sister get up out my room.” When our mom say the lines “GET OUT OF MY ROOM” to my sister and I that's an invitation to the play the “How long can you annoy your mom game.” So my sister and I jumped on the bed and quickly started laughing while cracking jokes on my mom. Just as we were getting started her phone rung. It was my God mother Jackie calling to talk to my mom because a few days ago she had recently had a baby girl. As soon as we heard that it was our god mother on the phone we got super happy. Then my sister and I began acting like 3 year old by jumping on the bed and messing with our mother. Of course the game had to end because not only did we have to head to bed for school, but my mom was about to go in one of her talk for hours deep conversations. Just to get one more laugh in we begged out mom to let us say goodbye to our god mom before bed. My mom insisted it was our bed time and told us, “ You will talk to her another time now go to bed.”
People can’t predict the future but rather make assumptions, and sometime those assumptions we will regret.

On the way home from school my mother m calls me on my cell phone saying “take you and your sister to uncle Mopey’s I’ll pick y’all up from there.” I thought to ask more questions because my mom toned sounded as if she was in some serious trouble that she felt obligated to discuss when she picks us up. So I left it at that and told my sisters the news. My sister and I waited for my mom at our uncles.

When you go to my uncle house it gives off a 80’s soulful look. He lives in an old pretzel factory, that he decide was best to fix up and turn into a house. Even thou the green paint is chipping and the grass was as high as a cornfield, the inside of his house was beautiful. He has these glass mirrors that have glass within the glass that makes up an unique pattered Steps with columns to follow up them and two big columns that is at the end. His couch is a nice big golden couch that it looks as if he robbed it from queen Elizabeth herself. In his dinning area is a long supper table with different cakes and cookies for people to come in and snack on, and right behind that lies an old piano me and my sister joke saying that its so old that Beethoven played on it. As you walk down the long table it leads you to two glass doors. On the doors says Ralph Lauren, behind the door lays a small kitchen area where pots dangling over top of the counter and chips and food feast on the counters.

While waiting my sister and I was jamming to some old school music. I started dancing doing the tootsie roll and cabbage patch. Then she tried to top me by doing the running man and robot. When the radio started playing Pattie Labelle, Gerald Lervert, and Luther Vandross, that's When we really started jamming by lip singing to their songs.   

After spending a few hours in my uncle home jamming to old school music,my mom finally arrived. She showed up in my god mom small green car. She came in the house got my sister and I and then talked to my uncle for a few minuets. When my mom came in the car that’s when she was attacked with 21 questions. We started asking why she had god mom Jackie car, where was god mom Jackie, did she see the baby with out us, and by the look in my mom eye I can tell she had enough. She told us to sit back and shut up. The short 5 minuet car ride became a long 5 hour car ride because questions wasn’t being answered.

When we arrived at the house my mother quickly told my sister and I to have a seat. I can hear it in her voice the news was bad so I stood up just so I can prepare for the worst. That's when the words started fighting with her closed lips to give us the news that our god mom Jackie had passed. Those words came shooting at me and pierced me right through the heart. My eyelids was fighting back the tears. My brain couldn't tell what was real and was fake. Next thing I know our dinner room have became flooded with water from the tears that our body couldn't stop producing. I was so angry so upset that the wall has became an innocent victim of crossfire as my fist blistered into the white wall knocking it sheet rocks into pieces.
The death of my God mom lead me to think different. One I never said my last goodbye to my loved one leaving me never take another person life for granted. Two I have so many questions on why god chosen to take a prize possession out of my life.
Through this experience I realized that what we think will be here forever can be taking from us in a blink of an eye. We should never ever take anything for granted especially our loved ones. Also god will have you go through the storm just to get you to the rainbow even if that means taking away a loved one. So never question it just accept it because what don’t kill you makes you ten times stronger.

After School I’m going straight home and I will have my mom, sister and aunt read it over. Then I will edit through it to make sure its an A project, also to make sure i have learned something about descriptive language. Reread rubric