Immigration Visualization Project

​Lexus Forman
Daniel Varnis 
Danielle Little 
Steven Webb

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ij91xcglmryl2m0/3rop4uLiCY/US%20Historic%20Immigration%201830-2000.key

What surprised you most about this information?

What surprised me most about this information is the amount of people who actually immigrated to the United States in the mid 1800’s. I find it interesting that people found our country as an escape from their problems and hardships that were taking place at home.

What seemed quite obvious about explaining this data set? What is quite obvious about this data set is that the American Population seemed to increase at a steady pace even though the amount of immigrants varied throughout the years.

Looking at the overall trend and incorporating what you know about the US presently, predict and defend the immigration trend for the next two decades. I predict that in the next two decades, the amount of immigrants will not come in abundance like they did in the mid 1800’s because the United States are making it harder for immigrants to be able to come citizens of the United States, or even get a visa.

Describe how you made a decision on how to visually represent the information. We decide to use keynote because we thought it would be much easier to present our information on an presentation tool. We also felt that the information would be better interpreted in an organized state.

What parts of group work were challenging? One part of the group work that I found challenging was finding specific events for one decade in particular because I found that the amount of immigrants came for the same reason for a couple of decades.

What would you do differently if you had this project to do over? i would spend more time on it in class and not get too distracted because when I got home it wasn’t as easy to ask questions that I needed to know about the project over the computer. It is also better to work on this project as a group in person because some group members might find it hard to comprehend some things while doing it at home.