Immigration Visualization Project

Click here to view project

This project was interesting, and allowed me to look into the past and see why there was maybe so many immigrants that came over during that year. I was most surprised at how dramatically the number of immigrants that came over during the wars decreased as fast as they did. Over the next few years I feel like immigration numbers will continue to climb rapidly. With the world's economy collapsing as a whole, the United States as bad as it is is still one of the best economies in the world. With things falling apart i feel like more people will want to come here. Immigration will continue to climb for several decades. 

Finding a good way to represent the data that we had received was a little difficult. We ran into a few difficulties along the way, and we eventually found a good way to represent the data thanks to Ms. Laufenberg. She helped us find a correct format that would allow us to show our data correctly. The method in which our data was displayed was in a scatter chart, representing the decades and number of immigrants per decade.               

The only part of the project that we found to be challenging was what s. Laufenberg helped us with and that was finding the right graph format that would allow us to represent the data correctly. We all got our data that we needed as soon as we needed it and worked diligently. Also, if we were to do something differently we might have chose a different site to look for graphs to represent the data this was we might not run into the complications that we ran into while we worked on it.