In the Eye of the Tiger

Hosts - Jet, Nick, Terrance, Sun-ra, & Nat

In Episode 1 of In the Eye of the Tiger we start discussing the book ” The White Tiger” by Aravind Adiga. In our discussion we talked about the Literary and Figurative components in the book. Listen as we dive deep into our Narrator past, revealing his trauma that feeds into his murderous tendencies…

d2oaw3p-fcd7e7a7-96c9-447b-a139-2afa3e203ded
https://youtu.be/ojgvEEAZbAw

Synai Harris (Student 2023)
Synai Harris

This discussion was good and it reflectd on how well you guys put it together and wrote out your thoughts. Yall had described the plot and went off of each others' opinions and thoughts.

Jave Kelman (Student 2023)
Jave Kelman

I really liked your analysis of the letter the main character wrote. Just from listening to the podcast I got a good understanding of the story, and also a deeper understanding of the character I might not have noticed if I just read the book and didn't listen to the podcast. Specifically where you said ¨Thrill of control in his murderous tendencies¨ when talking about the narrator's feelings. That was a deeper understanding I wouldn't have gotten just by reading the book.

Katrina McKinnon (Student 2023)
Katrina McKinnon

You guys did really well and instead of always siding with the author you pointed out some things that you feel should be different and then explaining why you feel that way helps me better understand why you feel that way. There was also a continuous flow within the conversation which is really good.

Monica Acciavatti (Student 2023)
Monica Acciavatti

I feel like everyone's points flow very consistently off of one another and each group member contributes but also adds to another point. I find myself being very interested in the story of the main character. Because he seems like he acts on very selfish tendencies to feel like he is in control. Control seems to give him comfort and I feel like the ideas that are brought out in the podcast make me wonder a lot more about the motivations of the main character for murder and his future possible causes for murder. The main character has a lot of trauma which Nick touches on in a very in-depth manner and Jet, Sun, and Terrance all give good personal points to tie into what this man's motivations may be for murder and what drives him. There are some witty and comical moments in the podcast which also make things feel natural and flow a lot more smoothly between each member. Overall this podcast felt very natural and a lot of good points were made and said about what is so far revealed in the novel

Jennifer Nguyen (Student 2023)
Jennifer Nguyen

Overall, the discussion went well and how well coordinated you guys were. You guys had a good conversation by describing the plot and going off of others opinions and thoughts.

Jerron Crawford (Student 2023)
Jerron Crawford

The podcast seems fluent and almost just like a group of friends talking about a book they enjoyed then a english assignment I was a little puzzled on the plot of the book though that about all overall a good listen.

Alek Siegel (Student 2023)
Alek Siegel

I like the way that Nick leads the discussion and the audio is good so you can hear everyone clearly. If you give a summary of what you guys read at the beginning it would be a lot easier for us to have context.