Inquiry: Your Ticket To The World

Hello readers,

My name is Majo Bostani and I am a 12th Grade Engineering student at Science Leadership Academy, in beautiful Philadelphia, PA. For my Lab class, I recently took the Myers-Briggs personality test, and was quite fascinated by my result. To specify, I was tested to be an ENFP. You may wonder what the acronym stands for, like I did. ENFP stands for Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Preceptive. Like my curious self, you may wonder what ENFP more deeply means, and whether it actually describes me accurately.

The Traits of an ENFP:

A notable quality shared amongst my fellow ENFPs is curiosity. This lead me to the question of why exactly I’m writing this blog post? Why am I so interested in how accurately this test describes me? Well, I guess you could say that I am just curious. For as long as I could remember, I was always fascinated with the world around with me. Why is that plane flying that direction? Why are some light poles designed one way, and others designed the other? Those are all inquiries that I have while doing the most random things. This often leads to me performing some sort of research on the topic that sparked my queries, and eventually finding a new, extraordinary way to perceive why things are.

I know what you are thinking. Can the world possibly ever shrink for you? The short answer is no. I always find something to satisfy my curiosity. Walking down the street, strolling in a car, or flying an airplane, I always sense something new in this humongous world around me. My neurological senses: touch, smell, hear, taste, and feel are constantly awaiting their next actions. And they work well. If I don’t notice something my first time somewhere, then I am definitely noticing it second time around. When I’m at a place I patronize, my eyes scan everything, in hopes of finding change, or lack of it. I often get scrutinized for staring, although I never stare to be rude, just to marvel at the world around me.

Did my last two paragraphs boost you into my shoes? Well, if I did that, then I lived up to the ENFP’s standard of being an excellent communicator. When I talk to someone, I try to speak really descriptively, as I find that being on the page is important. It’s hard to expect people to know page 52 of a book they’re on page 27 of, so I always try my best to give the most context that I can. My heart is always carried upon my sleeve, and even if I don’t try, I’m almost always indicating how I feel.

Conclusion:

My future is somewhere in the industry of aviation. This love for aviation was founded on my ENFP traits. I remember being a curious little three year old, peeking out of my window wondering where the airplanes are going. How are the airplanes are flying? Why are there small planes and big planes? When I look back at these early memories of my passion for aviation, I see that it was built on curiosity, observation, and communication. I’m anxious to see where else my ENFP traits will take me in the future.