Is It Really?

Angelyque Oquendo

9/29/17

Ms. Pahomov

English 2

10th Grade

Is It really?

Oh! Crap I’m late, I run to put clothes on throwing on whatever caught my eye first at my only chance at not being late to this special “appointment”. I’m running to the bus with my mom we are trying to catch our breathes, while having a thick lump in my throat trying to catch what little air I can inhale. My pace is accelerating as I get warmed up to run faster, and faster to catch the late bus. As I reached the door it’d slide shut half way and I thrusted my arm through the opened crack of the door and the door slid right back while yelling for my mother to catch up, . Soon enough someone had offered their seat to me and my mom, but I hesitantly accepted the offer to the seat, sat down next to my mom it was akward at first but then I soon enough let it go.

All I can think about was that I’m not cut out for this, what if they wont except me or like me or even care about me, “ That’s basically all I thought about” that whole bus ride. My mom just kepted on say is that “you’ll be fine, you will be ok/ They’ll love you”, and basically I just blodded most of that out of my head and honestly I have no idea why I care so much about why my other side of my family will even like or acknowledge me or even love me, for some reason I just wanna get a good look of why I’m trying so hard at this attempt of what is actually not me.

“Angelyque Oquendo is not a punctual person she can be punctal if she is determined at what she puts her mind to, her meeting and seeing her dad’s side of the family again to at least remember what, who everyone still or might look like”. Back to whatever mom was doing I guess trying to get my attention “ANGEL!” “huh yea” “come on were getting off” So we hoop off the bus and carry on walking to the next corner of something and Market ,“I don’t remeber the street my mom was walking to fast for me to see”, but we are suppose to meet with everyone I think it was TGI Friday’s or Target I don’t know I can’t really remember. It all of a sudden gotten really chilly and personally I thought of it being the emotion I felt or the weather either or I did’nt really like the feeling.

As we walked right in and up the stairs to the resturant of TGIFriday’s a hostess greeted us and we greeted back she asked where we’d like to sit but we told her were with a party, she asked which, we told her the name of the party and she escorted me and my mom to the tables, As we walked up the stairs and followed the hostess she gently gestured us the event right infront of our eyes as I stood there and I froze for a solid 3 minutes before anyone had noticed me and my mom standing there, she was smiling so bright like she had just gotten proposed to and I have my eyes wide open so wide that if you looked deep enough you can probably see me shivering inside. I may-be exaggerating just alittle but I was really wondering why I did’nt remember half of my siblings faces and half of my cousin/ aunts, uncles I mean come on I have a huge family. I guess what I learned from this moment in my life would be that “Don’t always expect the worst in people”.

So we are laughing and giggling together about something very funny a comment from the my old sister Auroara and she is hirlarious plus she’s smart, nice. Well some of my family member’s are almost exactly the same they all have a sense of humor and are very intelligent, some of them have a really contagious laugh, but they make up for it and as I think to myself they are’nt that bad I thought that they’ll be really rude or boring, ugly. I’m kidding except for Phil that man is ugly as my dad calls him “Ugly Phil”. Anyway after the little party celebration they invited me to go to the movies with them another time I accepted and we all said our goodbye’s and exchanged numbers, My mom and I got a ride home by my sister she has a buggy car “punch buggy no license car” and while my mom chatted on with her in the car I started to drift away in the music thinking to myself that this was’nt so bad “Never judge a book or dictionary by it’s cover”.