Isabela Aznar- Quarter 2 art reflection.

This quarter in art was a big growing experience for me. Olivia Smith and I joined together and decided to work as partners in creating our own curriculum of abstract art. Part of this curriculum was thinking of art projects that would challenge us, but that we would enjoy and grow from as well. We also were both very adaptive and decided that art is something that can grow and so it was ok for our projects to branch of from the original guidelines into a piece of art that really described us and our project as well.

Projects we did:

The first project that I did was a project that was suposed to be half of a picture of my face, and half of a cartoon version of my face together making a whole of my face to show contrast. This was drawn in charcoal and colored pencils. below is an image of the final piece and what half of my cartoon face would like in comparison to my actual face.

The second project Olivia and I did was a Tim Burton inspired animal of our choice, with any colorful art materials we wanted. I decided to paint a wolf and then go back and do parts of the background and face in pastels. I chose to do a wolf because they are my favorite animal. Below is the sketch and the final version.

Another project I did individually (started in class, finished at home) was a drawing of a girl smoking a cigarette with the words "society told me to" underneath. I did this because Philadelphia has the most underaged smokers in the United States and I feel as if the pressure to do so can really come from peers and society.

Overall, I think Olivia and I grew a lot together this quarter as artists and have really helped each other see art in a new perspective.
IMG_5696 copy
IMG_5696 copy
IMG_5711 copy
IMG_5711 copy
IMG_5731 copy
IMG_5731 copy