Jalisa Smith: Perspective

In art class, we begun drawing with perspective. First, we started by drawing boxes that would later turn into a room based upon the perspective. We learned that if we create a vanishing point, everything in the drawing would look real. The point of this drawing was to capture SLA's art room's essence in a perspective drawing using prior knowledge of perspective drawing.

To complete this drawing I begun with the box in the center of the sheet of paper. To make the room's shape I counted how many ceiling tiles there were going across the wall. Based upon that number I got a ruler and measured out half of the number of ceiling tiles for each side so the vanishing point would be easier to find. I then found the vanishing point and got a ruler connecting from the vanishing point to each point I created for the ceiling tiles. After that, I drew a guide line that started from the edge of the box I made, to the top middle of that page. That would allow me to create the tiles easily by taking the point where the guide line crossed over the ceiling tile lines and drawing a horizontal line across each point. 

Now that I have the ceiling tiles I can make the room come a live. I started to draw the windows. To draw the windows I had to count the number of ceiling tiles the window took up. And after I found that out I could estimate the length of the window. For the window on the side of the other wall I drew the tope line by getting a ruler and drawing a line from the vanishing point and over. Because I already had other windows in the drawing I knew I could have drew the bottom line by getting a ruler and measuring from the second to last window. I begun to draw the columns in the part of the room I was drawing. To create the columns I had to bring it out instead of in, to bring the column out I drew points from each corner of the ceiling tiles in which the columns belonged. Then I drew lines coming all the way down past the square outline because the columns are supposed to coming out. 

I would say that the easiest thing for me to do was draw the little details within the drawing because the drawing was basically finished. Yet, the hardest part, for me was scaling everything down to an appropriate size where it looked like room, where everything was in perspective. But, in the end, I learned a lot about art that I never knew.

Maryam Buibraham

http://scienceleadership.org/blog/maryam_project 
I thought that Maryam's project was well drawn. I could tell she was using guidelines which are perfect for perspective drawing. Another thing I admired about her drawings is how she made certain lines deeper, which made the drawing stand out. 
0405111200
0405111200