James's bureaucratic Reflection

GunLawsInPA

The bureaucratic "task" we selected was legally obtaining a gun license  in the state of Pennsylvania.  It is the process of going through the Gun Unit Personnel to obtain a license to rightfully own and operate a gun.  

The first thing we did was research information on the process of obtaining a gun in different states and how they were different.  Afterwards, we dived into the web to find out the exact process off getting a license.  

The paper work to that I needed to fill out was quick and basic. it was more or less a page worth of questions about myself such as "have you ever been arrested, used drugs, drink often or been in a mental institution. 

If i could have changed on think about the process, i would have changed the length it took. it seemed to not take enough time to get the license.  Theres a lot of other information that could have been asked about such as does your family have a history with guns or such?

I feel the system needs to be be complicated so that everyone cant just get what they need. If everyone could just apply for such things it would make the system too easy to get around.  

GunLawsInPA