Jess Jimnez - EotS

First of all, I thought the film was brilliant. It made me feel uneasy at first, realizing that all of this is actually possible in today's world. I also found it awesome that this is an actual job, it could be interesting getting all this information, but at the same time scary because you are breaching someone's privacy.

The way the government is portrayed in the film is as if agencies are kind of separated. Like it seemed that the FBI didn't care about going after NSA even if they were government officials. I found this interesting because it meant that while some people actually would interfere with another agency/branch if they were doing something wrong. In a way, similar to how the President can veto a bill if he/she thinks it's unjust. So maybe a system of checks and balances comes into play?

Would I allow the government to spy on me? Hell no. Can I stop them? I'm not sure how to do that. We can't get our own guys to sweep for bugs around our homes. We're all being watched some ways or another. But does it affect me personally? Nope. The NSA could be reading this right now. They could have like 10 agents on me RIGHT NOW. I may not be able to finish this because I might "know too much". I'm not okay with the government surveilling us, but I can't do anything to stop it. That's the point I'm making.

I guess in a way, we're all subject to what our governments do to us by wanting to live in this country.