Journal #1

Journal #1 

Why is the world such an unequal place?

1. The world is greedy. They don’t care about anyone else by themselves. It is causing the gap between the wealthy and the poor to become even more drastic.
  2. People taking the resources from others adds on to the greed. Poor countries are so poor because they are not treated equally.
  3. Colonization brings to the point of other countries are delayed compared to others because colonization for those countries has set them back. 
  4. Access to education is difficult for many of these countries as well, which makes those people oblivious to the fact that they could have a better life. 

What is the best way to deal with inequality?

The best way to deal with global inequality is to help one another. The wealthier countries should give to the less fortunate countries to prevent them from going into debt. It’s about realizing that the world is a bigger place than just our individual countries. In order to function long term you have to not only focus on ourselves, we have to look at ourselves as equal and treat one another the same way. In times of things like natural disasters we can go help rebuild one another. We can set up better education systems that are made equal. We can not take advantage of smaller countries.