Journal 3 (revised Q4 BM)

This journal was a response to the question "Is fitting in important to you? Have you ever done something to fit in?". My answer has changed from then to know. (Just a little bit).

Victoria Yarbrough

December 1, 2010

English

Journal 3

Fitting in is NOT important to me. If someone doesn’t like me, I just drop him or her. It’s that simple. However, of course I’ve done things with groups of people that was wrong. The reason I did it however wasn’t for acceptance but for the rush of doing something that you wouldn’t normally do. It was exhilarating! The way I see it, I feel that there are too many people in the world for you not to find someone like you who likes you for you. So basically, my life is hard enough without people and their petty opinions. SCREW their opinions because I am who I am and there are billions of other people that probably will see the beauty in me.

Victoria Yarbrough

May 18, 2011

English

Journal 3

Fitting in used to be important to me, however, it just isn’t anymore. I used to think that it was good when everyone liked you and that you were only a good person when you got along with everyone. I look back at my younger days and have a laugh along side my experiences. I’ve come to learn that fitting in is only an insecurity you have with your self. In my opinion, if you feel that you need to stoop to someone else’s standards then you are insecure about who you are. The saying “one in a million” really hits a hard point of mine. Why? Because if you are one in a million then statistically there are 4,369 other people just like you. So why fit in? Of course I’ve done things that were wrong just to get someone to like me. Heck, I’ll admit that I may have done it recently. But when it is something considered to be wrong, the reason I did it wasn’t for acceptance, but for the rush of doing something that you wouldn’t normally do. It was exhilarating! My life is hard enough without people and their petty opinions. I am who I am and I do fit in, I fit into my own group and in the end how you feel about yourself is all that really matters.