Journal 7 (Q4 English BM)

This Journal was a response to a question "Did you know someone who was popular but mean spirited?". So I decided to write about a clique of girls form my old school who were pretty faced but had ugly hearts.

Victoria Yarbrough

December 17, 2010

English

Journal 7

At my old school, there was a clique called the “school barbies”. It was a group of pretty popular girls. They would walk up and down the halls shouting “School Barbies!”. Every girl-well almost every girl- wanted to be apart of their group. Although they were pretty and grabbed the boys’ attention, they were cold hearted and not intelligent school wise. They used to curse teachers out, get into fights, and pick with the special ED children. I always questioned why a lot of girls wanted to be like them. Every time I saw them I made a little mental note to never stoop that low. If I’ve got to be a complete bitch just to get some attention, then I’d rather be invisible. Because I know that I’m beautiful without having to be in a group.

Victoria Yarbrough

May 19, 2011

English                        Journal 7

When I was in middle school, there was this clique of girls called the “School Barbies!”. Man were they loud. They were group of semi pretty, popular, ugly girls. When I say ugly I mean internally. They used to curse teachers out, get into fights, and pick with the special ED children. I always questioned why a lot of girls wanted to be like them. And yet they held the attention of so many people. Since when was it okay to be mean? Beauty is only skin deep. Every time I saw them I made a little mental note to never stoop that low. If I’ve got to be a complete bitch just to get some attention, then I’d rather be invisible.