Kevin Courtney Capstone

For my Capstone I wanted to focus on what is it like to coach a baseball team. I wanted to understand the basics of it. For example come up/make drills for practices, workout routines, making lineup cards for games, and record games in the book. Since I had elbow surgery over the past summer I wanted to find a way to still be part of the baseball program at SLA. My mentor was able to let me coach throughout the fall, winter, and a little bit of the spring. I didn’t coach as much in spring because that was when I returned to action.  

I was able to coach a few games in the fall when my mentor was unable to attend. It was a success and I had a winning recorded. I had two wins and one lost. During the winter of my recovery I had the opportunity to take over the winter weight lifting workouts. My goal was to make sure the team avoids injury and that was a success. Spring finally arrives and the doctor has cleared me to go back into action. Now I started to think what can be my final product for this project and I’ve decided to make a website based off the current season. The website has player analysis and statistics from the season. It also has all of the articles included that my mentor wrote from the season if no one has seen it. I hope everyone enjoys the website!

Website link: