Kim Bush goes to Vote...well to ask about it anyways

​When I went to my local church to do this assignment I saw many people going in and out. So I stopped one of them, a woman, and told her about this school assignment that many of our students are doing in the Philadelphia area. She replied delightedly and said that, being part of a school community, she would love to help.

What motivated you to come out to vote?
The State of the Union. I don't want people to speak for me. You have to make your voice known.

Did you learn about voting in school?
No. I learned from my family. From the age of 12 they would make me stand outside of this church to pass out ballots.

What would you like to see changed in our political system?
The concept of majority rules. I would like things to be brought back to the people, to the public. I wish that congress would get more opinions from the people instead of having us vote on people who we think might do something to better the political system. However, they could say they're for something, but not do anything about it when they are elected.

What was the most memorable campaign ad that you've encountered?
I got it in the mail and it was against Joe Sestak. It was just, petty and childish really. On it was a bottle full of oil and across it, it read Snake Oil. That's another thing about these campaign ads; instead of stating issues that need to be solved, they're more emotional. In reality, I think everyone's ready for it all to be over.

Are you always sure of who you are going to vote for when you go into the booth?
Yes. I spend plenty of time researching the people who are campaigning to see what they stand for instead of just going off the commercials on tv or the ads that I get in the mail. 

What changes do you hope to see in Philadelphia as a result of this election?
The city. They should focus on employment and also on reducing taxes.

Do you think that your vote has an impact on this election?
I'm going to give you the real answer, the true answer. I hope. You just never know.

1102001431         1102001433
1102001433
1102001433