Kimberly Parker's Artist Statement.

• Art for the last quarter was very enjoyable for me. I feel like we had ample time to complete all assignments and we had a lot of freedom with it. My favorite assignment was the photoshop assignment. I never used photoshop or a professional camera. I discovered that I liked photography and I've been taking pictures from an artistic view ever since. The projects were very diverse this quarter. The first assignment was choosing to construct a model of our choosing, and I chose to crochet four coasters. Yarn is one of my favorite tools to work with, I find it very relaxing and it is a reminder to my childhood with my great-great aunt. The next assignment was to copy a piece of art by a famous artist. I chose Mr. Ou-Yang's Koy fish pond painting. Instead of painting it, I used charcoal because charcoal is my favorite drawing tool to work with.
  •  I didn't enjoy drawing three bikes from negative space, shading, and line drawings. I personally just didn't like drawing bikes, I found it boring. The final project was to draw from a perspective outside. I went out in my backyard and took a picture of a wooden crate, my watering can, and flowerpot. I used green, pink and black charcoal to illustrate the scene. I am very proud of all of my artwork I completed this quarter because I know I put forth my best effort.  
UPLOAD2
UPLOAD2
UPLOAD CROCET
UPLOAD CROCET
UPLOAD KOY FISH
UPLOAD KOY FISH
EDIT 1
EDIT 1
1024-1
1024-1
Stang
Stang
1024
1024
Screen shot 2011-06-09 at 11.22.20 PM
Screen shot 2011-06-09 at 11.22.20 PM
EDITED
EDITED
ULOAD LINE DRAWING
ULOAD LINE DRAWING
UPLOAD NEGATIVE SPACE
UPLOAD NEGATIVE SPACE
UPLOAD OUTSIDE
UPLOAD OUTSIDE