Leonardo Perez Capstone

Hello Everyone,

My name is Leonardo Perez. This is my final capstone for my senior project. I based my project on a bike. I noticed that it is common to ride a bike to school due to parking and traffic. Sometimes people leave late from school due to practice, grading, or catching up on homework. It can get dark really fast. I asked my peers what problems they face when biking at night. The main complaint was “headlights for incoming bikers”. I decided to place a circuit board on a bike to keep the bikers safe during the night time.

During this process, I gathered my materials which included LED lights, glow in the dark paint, UV light, wires, and a circuit board. I also made a few pieces on my own with the help of a 3D printer. 3D modeling was the biggest obstacle I faced. I had to print out multiple versions of the model for appropriate size and sturdiness. The models would break easily or sometimes not fit to plug in the UV LED light. All these complications took many hours to readjust, but the time was worth it to make the appropriate final product.

It was difficult to put everything together. But I really enjoyed building this. During my sophomore year, I enjoyed learning about circuits because it was fun and it challenged my mind on how to properly run a circuit. It was a challenge but I enjoyed every bit of this process.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CtwLcIJVePkY7VgaAdrFiqN78kLagoy5l3UyJqkcGfY/edit?usp=sharing