Life

​ My when I started my project  I got the inspiration from just babies in general. I love children and the whole concept of life being captured intrigued me. My project for 2Q is one I'm truly proud of because I actually thought about what i was going to do and had a plan.  For this project I used charcoal, my favorite, to create my art. Charcoal to me depicts the emotion in each photo. I love the way I can cover the whole page from top to bottom in color but my art still look soft and feminine. With other methods of coloring it would've made my pictures to firm and crisp and I didn't want that.

For this project I decided to make a "Life" collage. The first project in my piece was a nude mother who is clearly pregnant. She is facing away from us and covering up with a sheer shawl that is draped over her pregnant frame.

When viewers see this the first thing I want them to notice is the softness of the photo, almost as if she is caressing herself. She is nurturing her body because she has life growing within her.

lady

The next part I drew was the heart and this really has to be my favorite part. One because the colors just pop out at you. And again the charcoal gives it that soft look. Which in this photo is weird because the black background gives it a very crisp edge to it that i also like.

Heart

The other two parts were kind of together, they are fetuses. One is bigger than the other one and i drew this because it depicts whats going on in the inside. On the bigger fetus you can actually see the slight smile on it. yes that was on purpose.

young fetus
old fetus

I decided to put these photos in a collage which is not fully come yet. By the end of this is finished I should have other components to fit around my pregnant lady.

Whole

Whole
Whole