Living As A Teen In 2020

This contest was a project our class had gotten from our English teacher. We were told in September that we would be going to make a project for the New York Times. Just like in the prompt we were given creative freedom to create whatever we wanted. I didn’t have many ideas of what I wanted to submit. For me, it took more than a week to come up with an idea. The idea I came up with was to make a slide show of memes from events in 2020. I then got the idea from my teacher to talk over the project, so my project changed from just a google slide, into a video with me and my friends. I wanted my friends to join because I felt like I could say so much more and show more of my personality. I made this project at home on my computer and did mostly independent work. I made this project with memes that I have created for these events and used other ones that I thought were good. I spent hours editing the video to the best of my abilities on WeVideo. I wanted to create this because I felt everyone has had such a bad year that they needed something to laugh about. This idea relates to the theme of what it is like to be a teenager in 2020 because now that we have to be online all the time, we have to enjoy ourselves and communicate in different ways. I feel like it has been hard for teenagers to communicate about how they are feeling. That where memes come in, memes help us can say how we feel in a funny way, that most people can understand. Memes are also a great way of spreading awareness and news. Memes are easy to understand and can spread easily, for me I had gotten memes about Australia wildfires through memes. In the end, memes are a way of communicating for teens and show their feelings.

https://youtu.be/iHzmoEVtNv0