: Lobbying Assignment #2 - Researching Officials -

Chaka Fattah was a resident of Philadelphia Pennsylvania and attended Overbrook High and eventually went on to Community College of Philadelphia.  He got his MGA from U-PENN’s Fels institute of Government. Fattah first served in the House of Representatives in 1983 until 1988 and then as a State Senator from 1988 to 1994.

Chaka Fattah has stood up for some what I believe would be good initiatives. One of my favorites would be the Clean Energy Act of 2010. However it seems like he is mostly involved in students and student education which is understandable considering his background and where he was taught. Most of his “Major Achievements” has a lot to do with education and some of his other achievements has a lot to do with energy efficiency.

To relate to Chaka Fattah I would attempt to relate on on a level of what I feel about education and I respect that he is very involved with education because that is the key to the future and keeping these young people off the streets. The government takes money away from our schools and the sports teams and don’t realize that sports and after school programs give children something to do. I think he would respect where I’m from and what school I go to and all of the things I am involved with and that would give me a great impression and something to connect on.

From there it could be a nice transition to energy efficiency and how I worked at the EPA. From there I would go into the whole fracking thing and talk about the effects of that in the waters and how water relates a lot to energy and it’s efficiency. Without water there is no life and I would also talk about how fracking is horribly regulated an something should be changed about that. He has a good history with wanting to switch ways in which we use energy.