Lobbying For: Council Votes 15-2 to OK sick-leave bill; veto chances unclear

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/20111014_Council_votes_15-2_to_OK_sick-leave_bill__veto_chances_unclear.html

With the economy today I know we are trying to save money and be as resourceful as possible with our money. Recently introduced by Wilson Goode Jr. the council voted on what is being called the Ok sick-leave bill, which is basically saying that when you are sick and cannot come into work you should be payed for that day. Some people such as Brian O'Neil feel that this is not fair because you should be payed only fot the work that you do, and some people such as Bill Greenlee and Darrell Clarke which were two men who had the bill sick-leave measure but did not get the the council enough votes to override Mayor Nutter veto they also felt as though if you feel your sick you can't work but you still need to get payed so why not just pay them. I feel as though you should be payed on a sick day, the reason being is that for one thing when you are sick you do not work as efficiently as you would if you were in good health, another thing is if you come into the work place sick and their sickness is contagious that will spread to other workers and now instead of having one person call out at a time you have three or four people calling out at a time. Today we look at things through one lens we and we see the money money money issue but we fail to realize that we need people humans to make this money and as a human at one point or another you are going to get sick and you are going to need a break, but why be punished for something that is out of your control. There has not been any final decisions made on the case so far but the are going to keep trying to get the bill passed and have the votes override the mayoral vote or veto so that they can pass this bill and hopefully for once not only look for the money in things but realize that sometimes we have to remember that as a government we put them in place to have things in order and be able to make decisions fo us the people.

images-1
images-1