Lord of the flies essay

If the the president was not living in the white house and didn't have the constitution with him and was living in a boat house would you think he was powerful and take him seriously or would you not. Some people say that certain people are powerful by themselves, like the president or our government. But That's not true it what objects they have that define what power they have.

What I mean by that is some objects  hold more power over us than the actual people. For an example think of the conch in Lord of the flies. When anybody on the island had it like ralph they had power to speak and do what they wanted and nobody objected cause they had it. Like the constitution this is what they had that gave them power.

Another object that has a lot of power is the nuclear football. This object is a briefcase filled with papers to authorize a nuclear strike when they are away anywhere. Like the conch people do what it says and nobody objects because the person has the powerful object. This object gives the president power and make people take him seriously. But if he didnt have it he wouldn't be taken as seriously as if he had it.  

As all people know “with great power comes great responsibility.” Well when Eisenhower and his group had power they had to use it  responsibly to help stop a war. But it came at a cost of losing some power. When we used it we had lost power because of what it brought. It brought death which hit hard from eisenhower and us. Which showed what comes from abuse with power. This shows that any objects hold the power and not people like the president.