SLA first offical Pep squad
(Dance and Step)
Mentor: Jasmine Taborn
Advisor: Zoe Siswick
As a founder, coach, and choreographer of SLA’s first Pep Squad, I can gladly say it was all worth it. I have been working on this team for my capstone, and own interest purposes. It’s been 2 years working on this club, and I have gained many exposure such as responsibility and patience. In order to be successful in an time consuming club you also learn how to manage time with school work and your personal life. These were just a few skills that I can for sure say better me to help me mature as a young women.
During these two years of conducting pep squad we have became very successful. Both years were full of excitement with shows and contest. Especially, this year 2013 with the step team and SLA first ever step show which happened to be more than a great success. I have been preparing for this time for awhile, and the prepping was all worth it. Practices were held on Monday and Thursday or every day if we had a show coming up. They usually last for 2 hours.
As a reflection to this I have created a strong sisterhood between each member and each member has created a sisterhood with each other. I was proud to see the eagerness, and the maturity developed that helped among all of us. I was glad to have brought girls from all ages, and grades from SLA to participate together in a positive youthful cub. I am thankful for all of my supporters, and mentors who were able to guide me while I was riding this road. I am excited to see what I have left here at SLA to become when I am gone.
"Zeta Sigma University of Huston ." delta Sigma Theta History. Delta Sigma Theta, 2012. Web. 7 May 2012. <http://www.uhdeltas.com/dsthistory.html>.
- This link can be used to help create my timeline. It also has a lot of data that can help me create a good blog.I can put this on a prezi to help make this timeline also. This information is helpful because it also tells me where it begins and the dates. It also helps with the places that it was created in.
. "Delta Sigma Theta Sorority INC." History,Founders, Programs, and Leadership. N.p., 2012. Web. 7 May 2012. <http://www.deltasigmatheta.org/>.
- This website is helpful because not only is the official website, but it also has information that you wouldn’t find on other sites. I will be able to get all of the photos, site names, and much more. It would be able to provide me with years of members information and also photos.
Gamma, Eta. "Delta Sigma Theta Sorority INC Eta Gamma Chapter." . N.p., 2011. Web. 9 May 2012. <http://www.k-state.edu/dst1913/founders.html>.
- I will be able to use this source to get information on a certain type of chapter. I would be able to also use this chapter as example of their uniqueness and how they formed. It can also be highlighted as one of the best.
Anderson, Ashley. "Delta Sigma Theta Sorority ."American History . Suite101, Nov 12, 2009. Web. 9 May 2012. <http://ashleyanderson.suite101.com/delta-sigma-theta-sorority-a167616>.
- This gives me good information based on why the deltas began. It also gives me great data which can be used in my project for references. It also has a lot information that I didn’t even know for myself.
Anderson, Ashley. "Delta Sigma Theta Sorority ."Wikipedia. Wikipedia , 2012. Web. 11 May 2012. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Sigma_Theta>.
- I know that this is a questionable site to use for certain things, but since I am well knowledge on this topic I think it would be okay for me to use. I can get reports on the challenges they did and also the rewards they have received. They also talk about the community service and the effect they had on society on here.
. "Delta Sigma Theta Sorority INC." Delta Sigma Theta Sorority INC. Delta Sigma Theta, 2012. Web. 11 May 2012. <http://www.deltasigmatheta.org/home.htm>.
- I plan to use this to help me getting photos of the presidents. Also for more modern time information of all of the branches they have. I will also get cool facts such as celebrities that are deltas. I can get to know what events that are coming up to. For example, the community service projects that they do, and not just the step shows/competitions they do.
Stomp 1996 Delta Sigma Theta from West Chester University and Temple University. Rho Alpha and Epsilon Delta Chapters, , perf. Stomp 1996 Champs. Dawg9, 1996. Web. 11 May 2012. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZmQCWNgcdk&feature=related>. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZmQCWNgcdk&feature=related>.
- I would like to use this link because it shows an old style step of the Temple and West Chester Deltas stepping together proudly. This is a good example of stepping in the 1990’s. This can lead to an comparison to how the step then to today. Although, some steps never got old and got carried over there is a difference between the two. This was one of the oldest ones that I liked that I could find.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. (Alpha Chapter) performed at the 2011 Howard Homecoming Step Show, , perf. Delta Sigma Theta @ Howard University Homecoming Step Show 2011 . HUreaction , 2011. Web. 7 May 2012. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqoqgMIOOE>.
- This step show took place at Howard University in October of 2011. This is a good video that shows a nice more modern step flow. It is very hardcore compared to the old times. Its more rough, with an edgy bit of loudness. This is just an example of how the different styles are.