Make a change, See past the material world.

As we know, Materialism is a growing world issue and it all begins with our growing youth. When young people see things being advertised with false imaginary values, they automatically want them. People become obsessed with becoming what they want through essentially worthless objects and gadgets.
                  The real problem we're attacking now though is how do we put a stop to the growing material world? Studies have shown that money really only buys happiness when your lacking your basic necessities. After a certain income of money, it's all that person convincing themselves that they want, or need, or will be happier with whatever they are buying.
                  The media has drilled it into our minds that during our lifetime we can buy happiness. It is hard to avoid these messages when they’re all over the Internet, the street, the television, the radio, and the mall. Most people have advertisement scattered around their own household without realizing it. It is a hard process to let go of the idea that buying certain things can make you happier, or your life better but it is possible to do.
                  I did some research on things that people do to rid themselves of their materialistic thinking. Essentially the most important things to get past this way of viewing happiness is to find meaning, to note what ACTUALLY makes you happy, to be healthy, and to know yourself well. By finding meaning, I mean that it is important to find something that means a lot to you. If you are passionate about something and it means a lot to you, you can channel your goal to be happy through it. Give yourself a purpose. Sometimes, this means religion, and sometimes this means having a pet to keep you happy and to take care of.                 
                  You also need to really know and pay attention to what truly makes you happy so that when you feel alone, or hurt, or bored and tired, you can go do one of those things on your "happy list" for REAL solid happiness instead of the temporary relief of buying something new and useless. 
                  Being Healthy is important because it will keep your body more in tact, and it won't give you that sick and tired after feeling that processed foods tends to leave you with. Exercising raises your dopamine levels, which is the hormone that brings you happiness. When you eat healthy and workout, you are guaranteed to feel better. 
                  Finally, having a good sense of who you are is important no matter what you do. If you know who you are you will be able to exceed at doing all of these things, and better because you have control of yourself, and because you know what you want. The thing about following the media is that you are told what you want. When you know who you are, you don't tend to follow trends and you know what makes you happy, what you want, and what you don't. When you really only know "yourself" as an intense shopper, you might want to rethink who you really are and what you really know about yourself. 
After this project, I have learned so much about materialism and how it honestly does horrible things for our planet, our self-esteem, and us. I value all of those things too much to keep following the trends of materialism, so now that I am aware of my issue I will be spreading the word with these real facts and new information that I have.

Thank you for reading my blogs! This will be my third and final materialism blog; I hope you all enjoyed it!