Make Love Not War!

In my advanced art class we were assigned to recycle something and make something from it. To think of something that is used in everyday wasn't difficult at all. However I wanted to do something different, something that a lot of people wouldn't be quick to think of. Yet I wanted to use something that is used and should be by a lot of people. So I thought of condom wrappers and making a peace sign out of the wrappers.

Make Love Not War, was the first thing that I wanted to represent my art, but also I wanted to go a little deeper than that common phrase. So many people are caring std's and they are spreading so quickly because people are not protecting themselves. Over half a million have died of AIDS, and there are currently more than one people living with HIV and AIDS in America. It is true that not all people who have it, received it from being sexually active. However those who were sexually active that received it many of those were unprotected. Once someone has unprotected sex they are not only disturbing the peace within themselves but in their homes their loved ones suffer also.

Collecting the material for this project I would say had to be amusing. To actually get condom wrappers to recycle them was awkward, but there were some people that was able to donate to my project. I wouldn't say that this is just my art project it wouldn't be able to have it's meaning without the help of others. 

Screen shot 2010-11-14 at 12.17.24 AM
Screen shot 2010-11-14 at 12.17.24 AM
photo
photo
Screen shot 2010-11-14 at 12.16.52 AM
Screen shot 2010-11-14 at 12.16.52 AM