Media Fluency: Nile Shareef-Trudeau

Media Fluency_ Nile Shareef-Trudeau
​As you can see, I tried to do something simple, but, at the same time, complex.What do  I mean by that? I have created a simple design but the meaning behind it is not understandable until after it is explained. First I will talk about why I chose this  color as my background. Purple represents a number of things such as royalty, ambition, creativity, wisdom, peace, pride, and magic, all of which I associate myself with. The text “Boonoonoonoos” has a meaning of “special person”, in Jamaican Patois (a language used in Jamaica). Because it is unfamiliar, with the help of the lines, it draws the viewer to it. The lines represent everything coming from the outside world shaping me into this “special person” I’ve become/ am becoming. The lines, bleeding off the page, not only show how the outside world affects me to make me who I am but they look as though they could be projecting outwards as well. This shows how I think I shine outwards and affect the world around me. The shape I chose was a star. I chose this to add to the idea that I believe I am my own person and special in ways others may not be.There is a lot of space. This shows that there is room for more. What I mean by this is there’s room for growth. I have so much more to learn and experience as well as put out into the world. Everything on the slide works together in harmony to emit this idea of me and who I am. This is why I made this design how it is for my slide about me.

Nile Shareef-Trudeau