Media Fluency Project

-Me-Kayah (1)

This slide shows a portion of my so far life story. In terms of the design of my slide there is a lot of meaning behind it. I originally had my name on this slide, but the reason why I decided to take it off was because I didn't think it was necessary to have on there. I write my name everyday on assignments and you guys already know my name, so I thought that, that would not be something that all of you guys don’t already know about me. The background is of a table with an open book and light shining down at the pages. The reason why I chose this as my background was because the things on my slide are little pieces of my life story that I am that you are living in right now. I thought having a book could represent the fact that this is part of my life story that I am going to tell you about. I put a speech bubble saying “A portions of my life” so that you can also get that story idea. All the pictures represent the little pieces that make up a small portion of my life so far. There are many more pieces obviously but that would be a lot to tell. One the upper left hand side of my slide starting with science. I chose to put science on my slide because I have grown up with science for 10 years of my life and I still am. My mom is a science teacher and I have always loved to do experiments and find out how things happened the the way they did in the experiment. I put the piano picture up on my slide because I have just recently found love in playing the piano. I did play the viola from 4th grade up to eighth grade and at times it was fun but other times my teacher made it very hard for it to be fun, so I found myself not really liking playing the viola that much. One day we got to play pianos in class and I feel in love the first day, even though it was hard at first to learn the notes of the keys but I had so much fun. I then told my parents that during 7th grade summer I wanted to go to piano lessons and I did. I also started to use a keyboard that we had owned at home for awhile that I never considered using until then. From then on I have found playing the piano very engaging. I put the picture of a pencil and a binder on my slide because believe it or not I love math and just school in general. Despite the many times I have complained and come into school very annoyed because of homework or just having to go to school that day I love school and math. With school its that I learn so much, and I love learning new and experiencing new things because it opens up new perspectives.  For math I like it when I am able to understand and do the problems.  Most of the pictures on this slide I took myself, but specifically the picture of my converse, the telephone, and the pretty pink sky. I took the picture of converse the day I first got as a memory. I took a picture of the telephone box because I was just driving home one day from a long trip and I saw the telephone box and I thought that would be a unique picture to take. Finally I took a picture of the pink sky because I also thought It would be a good picture. The other pictures of food I took because I love food, and as for the picture my cat I took that because he his my cat and also to represent that I like animals. I put netflix on my slide because I love netflix, and I have the two picture one of my whole family and one of just me and my sisters because I love my family with all my heart, also to represent my main family. The reason I decided to only share this things with you today is because these things were what came to mind when I started doing this project. As well as because these are things that a few of you may already know, but that the whole entire class does not.

Cristina Valenzo (Student 2020)
Cristina Valenzo

The symbolism behind the slide is very amazing and I can definitely see it in your slide , however I feel like you could've represented it in a different way. For example, you could've made the images balck and white to contrast each other.