Media Fluency Reflection- Majd Bostani

I have learned a lot from the class critique of my slide. Not only did I learn the strong points and flaws of my original slide, but also a lot of feedback on how to make better slides at SLA and in life! Originally, my slide was built around the concept of of an IKEA billboard. It followed the colorful, powerful, yet simple design of it. However, the black background with the white and red letters was rather distracting. The picture's angle was angled way too far up. I intended for a 5 degree tilt, but it looked more like a 25 degree tilt.  

After the class critique, I took everything that my classmates and Ms. Hull said about my slide into account. I made the background light blue so that the white letters could pop out better, as well as symbolize the color of the sky! That turned out to be a big win on the term of contrast. I moved the letters according to the rule of thirds so that it would look neat and organized. I also changed the font and color of my letters. Originally, my quote was in a white cursive font as they are now. However, Leonardo da Vinci's name was written in red and in a Times New Roman font. I changed that so it could match with the quote and not be so distracting. Like I stated above, I reduced the tilt of the picture so it would maintain a 5 degree pitch better. Over all, I changed and learned a lot after the class critique.
Tech Presentation - Majd Bostani