Medical Marijuana, an Answer to Diseases.

Marijuana serves the human race in many different ways including medicine. The use of medical marijuana has been used for thousands of years, Surprisingly enough marijuana has been used in medicines dating back to 2737 BC according to the Mohamed Ben Amar who studies ethnopharmicology. According to Abel Ernest’s Marijuana: The First Twelve Thousand Years it was first used by Ancient Chinese doctors, the doctors used the plant and turned it into an oil which was used to treat wounds, eruptions, and falling of the hair. As a matter of fact Marijuana is one of the fifty different fundamental herbs used in Chinese herbal medicine. In the third century CE a physician known as Hua Tuo who was and still is respected by many physicians first used Marijuana powder as an anesthetic during surgery. In ancient Egypt the Ebers Papyrus describes medical marijuana and says to use hemp to treat hemorrhoids. According to ancient texts from India and the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs Indian doctors used Marijuana to treat headaches, insomnia, and gastrointestinal disorders, to relieve the pain from childbirth. According to Haworth Press in ancient Greece they not only used Marijuana to treat human diseases but for veterinary medicine. They used marijuana treat wounds and sores that horses encountered. In humans marijuana was used to treat nosebleeds and to expel tapeworms. It was also used to treat pain for ear inflammation. In medieval Islamic society marijuana was used as a diuretic, antiemetic, antiepileptic, anti-inflammatory, painkiller, and as antipyretic. Some of you readers might be thinking, some of these things we already have treatments and cures for. We use Tylenol, Advil and Vicodin as painkillers, and Ignatia to treat worms why would we need marijuana anymore? These were some of the most advanced societies in the world at the time when it cam to medicine. Even in European medicines at the time were based off of all these societies. But the truth is without these ancient medicines we wouldn’t have the drugs we have today. If we approve the use of marijuana doctors can make more medicines that will prevent more diseases. Your proof is here, marijuana does more good than bad for our society, history has proven it.

Ancient Chineese Doctor
Ancient Chineese Doctor
toke like an egyptian
toke like an egyptian
India
India
Islam
Islam
Greece
Greece