Memory Lane

My purpose in writing this essay was because I know that I am not the only young man who went through this. And to just send a message to the young men who are coming up, it helps to have someone telling you about things to watch out for. Im proud of my piece, im proud that I could get my message off and help benefit others while doing it. In my next writing t=something that will reall help is to get more than one person to pair edit because different people have different ideas and when your piece is done it's always better than how you typed it before the edits. My freshman year I was just 15, coming from middle school to high school was a big jump for me. In middle school, all of the girls were young, their faces and bodies haven't matured yet but when I got to high school everyone was mature. I was overwhelmed by all these beautiful girls in high school but there was this one girl named kelly who stood out. She’s so beautiful her smile, her teeth, her face, her smell, her hair everything about her is beautiful. I want to ask her out but shes always with all her friends at the popular table! I wish I was a popular kid, I wish I was as cool as them. She’s pretty, smart, popular, and she has future goals only problem is her brother. Her brother Steve hates me because I wouldn't help him with his Algebra test, that would've been cheating! I couldn’t do that. Kelly got up to go to the bathroom alone, I knew that this was a perfect chance for me to try to talk to her since the girl's room was right across from the boy's room. I followed her trying not to look like a stalker I went into the boy's room and waited until I heard the door open when it did I came out but it wasn't her it was another girl so I went back and waited. I heard the door open again I walked out it was her I felt as though I was superman and she was wonder women I just knew we were made for each other so I said “Hey kelly can I talk to you really quick” she said, “Sure what's up”. “I said I was wondering if we could go out sometime, like just me and you”, “I don't think so I look at you as a little brother Pete, sorry...Was... was that all? “. I ran into the bathroom, so many thoughts, how could I embarrass myself like that. All I can see is her EVERYWHERE! It feels like every corner I turn shes there. As the year went on I started to get lower grades in all my classes. I was even ineligible to play basketball for 6 games. At the beginning of my sophomore year, I was a transfer to the school that I am attending right now Science Leadership Academy. I didn't know anyone, but one person and she was a friend from middle school. I walked in looking for my advisory not knowing where to go and she came up to me and said: “Hey, do you remember me from G.W Childs?” I said “yea, I didn't know you went here,” she said “yea I'm guessing you're looking for advisory? What room are you in? I'll walk you”. I told her and she walked me since she was the only person in the school I knew. Im realizing im starting to get feelings for her but I didn't really want to tell her because of my freshman year experience. I decided to do it anyway, and I found out that she actually felt the same way about me too. She wrote me a little note “ I didn't know how to tell you this Pete but for some odd reason, you are the only guy that gets me. You're my best friend but I want to be more than just best friends. You're really special to me.” After reading the little note I felt this special connection. I felt like she was the one for me, I just knew it. A couple of days after the note we started dating. Life was really good after, I made new friends at the school since a lot of people. I realized that the transition from middle school to high school is a big jump and can be overwhelming, and for boys, we tend to shift our focus off of school and more on girls especially me. I had to teach myself that it's ok to have a little love life, but as long as you know how to prioritize the important things like school.