Misjudgement

Some people think terrorist means a lot of bad different things. Most people think of this definition is a horrendous thing. Most people think the definition of a terrorist is an international person who isn’t from the United States Of America and that kills people and makes bombs for no reason. Most people have this definition wrong and or the wrong idea. Misjudgement is a big thing in the world now. People are misjudge muslims as terrorists or horrible people. It because the things they see in the world like September 11, when Islamist extremists hijacked a couple planes and crashed into the twin towers.  

A terrorist is a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims. This is the correct definition of a terrorist. I hate when people say the word terrorist and don’t even know what it means. Some people say the word as a joke and this isn’t no joking matter to play with the word terrorist. I hate the stereotypes against terrorist like some people say muslim people are terrorist or people who aren’t from the United States Of America aren’t, lastly men with long fully grown beard.

I was dreaming and heard all this noise and when I woke up it came to reality. All I heard people coming up and down the stairs and the bathroom water running. I tried to go back to sleep, but my mother came in my room and said “wake up it's time to wake up for our holiday Eid!” I finally woke up and squinted my eye because of the very sunny sun. I woke up smiling hard because I know today is my holiday and I will see all my family members I haven’t seen since last Eid. All that I could think about was the amount of money I would be making today. Last Eid I made about 50 dollars, and this Eid I want to see if I could make more.

My mom drove me and my siblings to the park so we can do our Eid prayer. My brother and I had a black throbe on which is like a long dress and people would call it. My mom and sister had a black cheetah print overgarment on. As we were walking to the the huge park, people in cars were stopping and look at us and the people on the trolley just stared at us like we weren’t human.

I thought in my mind if some people never seen muslims before or they just thought that something was wrong with us. I don’t know if what we was wearing or they thought something about us I wonder. We went and prayed at the park. After that I got up and got some money and seen my uncle. We had a long conversation. He was telling me how he was on his way to the Eid prayer and how some lady said something very disrespectful about him.  

He said “While I was walking to the masjid some white lady was talking to her daughter and overheard them talking about how he looks like a terrorist.” At this time, I was a young age and I really didn’t know what the word “terrorist” meant… He told me what it meant. Until the day I heard somebody called someone else a terrorist, I didn’t know how it felt to be called that. There was talks about how you could be muslim or a different skin color or just be different and be consider as a terrorist.

Misjudgement is a big thing in world right now and always will be. It used in a lot of different things. For example being muslim or a different skin color means you have to be a terrorist. No one should ever judge a book by its cover! Regardless anything no matter how they look.