Misunderstood Kids

I decided to do my project on misunderstood kids who also might struggle with Social Anxiety and Depression. This topic is something that people that many know about but don’t understand. Often times kids are judged, mistreated, and left out of things simply because people can’t comprehend what they are going through or how they feel. Sometimes jokingly calling a friend “ugly” or “fat” can mean a lot more than what you think of it. I really want to reach out to people regarding this subject because social anxiety and depression are both things I struggle with and also something people should be more aware about. This is significant because others don’t realize how much the things they do or say affect others. It is important for people to know this because this has ruined people’s lives.

People often mistake anxiety as people just complaining about things when in reality they’re just
scared. Of course I want to go out in public with my friends, but with thoughts holding me back it’s like being in the ocean and you’re the only one who can’t breathe. When you struggle with anxiety, you don’t think these thoughts because you want to. You can’t help it. The same thing goes for depression. No one wants to have crying spell after crying spell and hide in the bathrooms at school in fear of people  questioning. All anyone ever does anymore is judge people things based off little to no information on the situation. Depression isn’t just something people say they have for attention. It is and actual medical condition that people actually have to get treated for. It isn’t just a random feeling you have from time to  time. It comes from a chemical imbalance in the brain. A lack of serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine  can cause major depression episodes and can easily be treated with a Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor which can also treat anxiety. It’s time that we get the word out there about this Mental Illnesses and save lives. 

People shouldn’t have to lose out on friendships and opportunities because of an illness they can’t help. It’s
time for a change and I want to be a part of it.