Money vs Love

Cast of characters:

Robert Mugabe: Greedy President of Zimbabwe.

Gono:  Head of Zimbabwe’s main bank that helps Mugabe steal money.

Maid: Works at Mugabe’s place just for work but.

Archbishop of Canterbury: talks about Zimbabwe and how it is going under.

Act 1: Scene 1

The reason Why Zimbabwe is going under nowadays is because Mugabe steals all this money while he pays people like me very little money. That greedy little bastard. I’m thankful his wife is cheating is cheating on him. Haha. I find it kind of funny that his (makes air quotes) “friend” slept with his wife. (Points finger at interviewer) Just think what it would have been like if he did not take all that money (puts finger down). Zimbabwe would have been the best vacation getaway instead of this shithole of a plaace. Excuse my language its just he makes me extremely mad. (Acts Cautious) He won’t see this will he?

Act 1: Scene 2

(Trying to avoid eye contact by picking up random things in the living room)

I just wanted to let you know i am really happy to be your friend and business partner. It isn't all for just the money but you are a really good listener. I came here to discuss the future of our relationship. We have been cheating Zimbabwe out of millions for a long time and I feel that I have grown really close to you over the years. I think that any misunderstandings that we might have in the future should be disregarded. I mean you being the president and me being the head power of the bank we can take over this country

Act 1: Scene 3

(Pacing across the floor slowly throughout the whole scene) do you believe this? I had a life set. Why did he have to find out? We were going to live in my house, rule this country and keep getting money. (Being cocky) I mean who wouldn’t want to live in my house 47 bedrooms, a pool, a gym, and a mini movie theater.  NO but seriously I need to do something and quickly, I mean he is going to kill me. (Talking to the voices in his head really fast) How do I know he is going to kill me? For the fact that his bodyguard was suspiciously poisoned for just knowing about this, that two other people she had an affair with were in trouble, one died in a mysterious car accident and the other had to flee the country. Wait a minute I have an idea what if I can go and try to win the citizens over at the protest that they are having in a couple of days. If I win them over I can become leader and not get killed by Mugabe. Ha its genius. (Exits stage)

Act 1: Scene 4

Citizens of Zimbabwe. Over the years you have come to think of me as a liar, a cheater and a robber. I may be that entire list but I have come here today to seek your forgiveness. I know most of you people are thinking, “Why would I forgive this man” well let me give you some reasons. Sure I am scared for my life. But the main reason is that I am willing to make a very large donation to Zimbabwe.  I promise that what I did will never happen again. Many are probably wondering why I am even trying to convince all of you to come to my side, well let me say this would you rather have a man who has basically ruined your lives as president or someone who was a mere victim of that person. The next thing I… Wait… what… (background voice) “sir we need you to come with us” … What are you doing to these people… Taking them to jail. Why?

Act 1: Scene 5

Robert Mugabe

(In his room talking to himself reminding him of all the power he has)

(Starts singing) Money, Money, Money. I love money (stops singing). With all of this money I have (picks up a stack of money and counts it)  I can basically buy this country even though I already controlled it for 30 years. The best thing is that I can manipulate anyone I want by just simply changing the way I am around them or simply including violence. Though I am sad that my wife cheated on me. But I don’t care that much because I(singing) I I I get money, money I get (pauses) ( says it as if ending) and I will just kill him.

Act 1: Scene 6

ABC: I think the humanitarian crisis in Zimbabwe is now at an appalling level. It's estimated that perhaps half the population is now under threat of starvation; and the deaths from cholera have been climbing in just the last couple of weeks from 3,000 towards 4,000. Everyone knows about the rate of inflation, but I think the main thing is the sheer level at which people are at risk of starvation. I mean if

Act 1: Scene 7

(Wife walks into the room) Why would you cheat on me... Because im old... But why with one of my close friends... Why do I care because Gono is the only person that I thought I could really trust and not only are we good friends he is the owner of the bank that got me and you a lot of money and having friends that are in power too can help me out a lot, but you screwed everything up. Now I have basically no friends. Everybody hates me and I don't even have a faithful wife. How would you feel if I had a Heart attack. (Wife leaves)