Monologue//Broken Pride

Thanks Coach! (Coach walks away after giving him a pat on the back now he is to himself on the sidelines.) Let’s get it. Finally I got some real play time. Not 5 minutes, not 10 minutes, but 15 whole minutes, plus while I was out there I had a shot on net, I mean I didn’t make it but still. I need to make sure I’m ready go back in cuz the way I was playin, I’m def going back in.(sips water and walks over to bench and slightly limping) oo that walk kinda hurt. Woah its starting to hurt to stand. (sits down) Let’s gooo Cosmos!! This cleat getting tight and my foot really hurts. I must’ve kicked that ball harder than I thought. ( takes off cleat) ooo that meg alejandro saucin it up today. Yo what is going on with my… is that my toe?! That jawn dumb fat. I-I-I-I can’t move my toe(starts panicking) crap I done messed up my toe. It’s cool I’m good I can still play ain’t nothing keeping me from getting back into this game.(tries to put back on cleat) are you serious, I can’t put a cleat on because my foots so fat.
GOALALSO!!! (tries to stand and celebrate with team but fails) ah I can’t even stand. That’s it I’m out for the day. I gotta tell coach that I think I broke my toe. I’ve broken bones before no problem, I broke my wrist last summer, my pinky before that, my other pinky before that, even my thumb. Like all them bones and not one tear but this one got me about to cry like 2 year old whole couldn’t that one doll out of the toy store. So why is my toe different. Is it because of the pain cuz trust me this crap hurt like my whole foot is immobilized by the pain. Like every movement of my foot,ankle, and leg hurts. Like i can’t do nothing without bringing the stinging pain to my foot. Like I can’t compare this pain to nothing I’ve ever experienced.(holds foot) Or is this deeper than pain, maybe because we all know that this it for me, for my season.(pauses and looks at field) ooooooohhhh Alejandro wit the rainbow.(looks at coach) sorry coach I’m out I think I broke my toe….. How? Ummm that’s good question. (back to self thought) That kid! Number 27. That fat white kid. The one who messed up my shot. I remember now. When I kicked the ball it wasn’t the ball. It was his foot. That’s how it broke. I already didn’t get a lot of play time. Now I could be out for the rest of the season. Look I know I’m not the best player in the world but I try my hardest and I give it my all every time I touch the field. Who am I kidding. Lets face it I’m top trash. I can’t dribble I can’t do none of that fancy stuff like Alejandro, my passes are inconsistent and my shot. Tuh my shot I don’t even know if I’m right footed or left footed. But I still try my best and this.. this what I get for hard work. Is this the result of my training. The worst part is I feel like I was getting better. And so did coach. You know last practice was the first time I went a whole practice without a single insult from coach or a player. No you suck or no jokes about how I can’t aim. Or how I ride the bench every game. I finally felt like part of the team. Well that’s all over now. and my mom. She’s gonna kill me when she finds out. To her I’m always breaking something but I’ve only broke like 5 bones is that really a lot? I mean we have 206 bones in our bodies. What’s 5 to 206. Practically nothing. But she don’t care she gonna be mad I’d rather act like nothing’s wrong than deal with her. I want revenge when I get back I’m scoring in 27’s face and I want his ankles. Ima tell coach he’s mine he better be ready when I get back. I mean If I get back.