Monulogue

Setting: Nadie Mahal is a famous motivation speaker who is speaking in front of a big tribe of native people talking about the Keystone Pipeline project. She is trying to motivate them to stop talking about the issues and do something about it.

(Martin Luther King type of Voice) Hello my beautiful Native People. Lately I have been hearing people talk about stopping the Keystone pipeline project, but I do not see anyone taking any action. I Nadie (Na-D) Mahal (Ma-Hall) have a vision. That one-day these business men and our Government would stop looking at our land as profit but rather embrace it and love it just as much as we do. Then our native people would join hands with the Americans and be one big happy family, as we love our mother nature. This project reminded me of what back in the day. (switch to more anger tone) When The Europeans came too take over our land and claim it as theirs. They bought their disease, pushed us out the way as if that wasn’t our home, and now in this present day they want to destroy our land. Now I’m mad. (Have A Serious Tone)  In my hand I hold an article on the Keystone XL pipeline project. The pipeline would be transporting pollution from the tar sands of Canada to the United States by carrying 800,000 barrels per day of thick, corrosive, toxic, oil for refining in Texas and the Gulf States. What these money hungry people fail to realize is that if it is approved we will have to then pollute our fresh water.  We need to put a stop to this. I understand that there are jobs for thousands of people to have in regards to this project but what about our earth. We should be protecting it not selling its nature for less expensive energy. We need to rise and fight, if that mean protesting in front of the white house 24/7 that is what we will do. I don’t care if I have to go to prison for this protest, I will do what ever it take to stop this project. So president Obama understand that you have lives in your hand. We will do what ever it takes to stop the Keystone pipeline project. My native people we are the children that will help protect our mother nature.

+Setting clear

+Last sentence

+Address Obama

? Add more of an object- Blue Print/reserve

? Point on how they took land

Set the stage

Show more passion

Mixing emotions

Always confident.

So Imani Rothwell what do you think of the rejections towards the keystone project?

I think that anyone who have rejection to this project do not understand the business aspect of it. This project will create over 100,000 jobs. That’s more availability our country have seen in a while since the recent recession we have had. Which too many people still feel like a recession? I also think people who reject is a hypocrite. They say the want cheaper oil and when we try to supply it all of a sudden we become the devil. That to me makes me real skeptical since my main aspect is to provide to the common wealth of what they want.  

Can you tell us any pros and cons to this major project?

The pro is money. This can provide money and lead our country to receive wealth like never before.  The Middle East will be mostly effect by the wealth since that is where the pipeline will be running. The con is that the environment will be effected. Too me that sucks because I was hoping we can try to do this where it will not effect the environment as much, but hey money is money you can’t deny that.

Any final opinions?

Yes. To those who are watching the talk today understand I am a businesswoman. As a businesswomen money is my focus so I have to make so rash decisions that may cause harm. I just wanted to let you know to do more research and understand that when Obama approves it will not be so bad. The environment will learn to adapt to the changes just as we will learn to adapt to the many job opportunity and money that will be received.