Morgan Craig-Williams: Citizen Lobbyist: Researching the Official

All About My Legislator

Anthony H. Williams

Screen shot 2010-11-29 at 10.06.48 PM

A little bit about my legislator :
  • Anthony Hardy Williams  joined the Pennsylvania Senate in 1998, his second stop in the state Legislature.  
  • He first won office as a state representative for the 191st Legislative District.
  • The 8th Senatorial District represents the majority of the Commonwealth with its economic, ethnic, religious, and geographic diversity, stretching across Delaware and Philadelphia counties.
  • Williams parts are in small towns such as Ridley Park, suburban areas such as Yeadon, and urban communities in South, West, and Southwest Philadelphia.
  • As a legislator, Williams works to provide opportunities for residents of his district and beyond, with improving the protection of his people, educational access, and economic development underlying his initiatives.
For more information on him visit his website.

I have actually met the senator on multiple occasions because my grandmother works for him. I’m added to the staff for his neighborhood to neighborhood festival every year before school starts back up. It’s a really neat change to bond with the community and come out and see the great acts lined up.

Screen shot 2010-11-29 at 10.11.22 PMThis year’s headline artists’ were Macy Grey and Chrisette Michele, but there were open mic sessions where people from the community could get on stage and show their talent.  There were many performers, singers, rappers and dancers who entertained the crown all day.

Here are some more pictures from the festival:  Screen shot 2010-11-29 at 10.13.08 PMMany people came out supported the festival. 

Screen shot 2010-11-29 at 10.13.56 PM

Screen shot 2010-11-29 at 10.14.05 PM

I plan to ask the senator about my topic and what are his views on the subject. I’m sure that he would agree with me and is probably working on a solution.