Morgan Craig-Williams: Citizen Lobbyist: Study the Issues

Screen shot 2010-11-29 at 9.34.59 PM

Ever look around your neighborhood and see trash scattered every where? Ever talk a stroll down you block and see dirty streets and sidewalks slewed with garbage?

Well in Center City, you walk around and see a trash can, or recycle bin at the beginning, end and middle of each block. Besides the abundance of trash receptacles, you also see street sweepers riding past cleaning the street.

52nd Market is a prime example, go to West Philly any day and you will see trash in the gutters and the whole situation is not visitor friendly. My question is. .  . . .If you have it it in Center City, where visitors come to view our history, why can’t we have it all over? Why is it that when I step a foot out off Downtown, the trash seems to increase?

I am lobbying for the trash clean up in Center City to be as rigorous in the more urban parts of Philadelphia.

My motivation to lobby this topic, is just what i see everyday, to and from school where ever I go.  There are places in Center City that are spic and span like South st. but many places in south Philly have  piles of litter just waiting to be picked up by sanitation. There is the City sponsored group called S.W.E.E.P that educates citizens about there responsibilities and duties that will help keep Philadelphia clean. I’m sure regular pedestrians would support my lobbying idea, for the simple fact that it’s there you too. There aren’t and laws for my lobbying subject, but I propose we do something about the trash, and make the clean up more rigorous.