Moving Isn't The Easy Part

​    
Introduction

In my essay I talked about how my life changed when I had to move across the sea to united states. I also talked about the hardships I went through. How I had to adapt to the new nature. My biggest goal in my essay was to prove how hard it is to adapt to new environment  and everyone makes it look easy because they don't want to seem struggling.  I want to improve on my descriptions. Im proud of the part where I tel about my grandpa. 
Essay:
         Moving isn’t easy. I had never imagined moving into a new home when I was little, but moving across the sea to a new place was a bit shocking to me. I’ve always thought that my life started here and it will keep going until I become older, get my own place and have a family. Living in my country; Bangladesh, we had our own house built the way we wanted. It was really our place. We didn’t have to pay rent or anything except for the bills of the house, so we really didn’t have a reason to move to another place. After living in Bangladesh for ten years of my life, I had to move to the United States all of the sudden and it was really difficult. I had to leave a lot of my family members and friends back where I was originally from. All of the memories that I have with my family and friends became distant, and we  traveled  to somewhere with empty memories. 
     The one specific piece I miss the most is a photograph that my uncle got for me when he went to Khulna. The piece of artwork that is on a rectangle piece of canvas, with four black triangles on each corner . The artwork is painted mostly greenish, blueish, and brown radiant color, with some white.From the bottom middle to the end of the right side, there is a wooden bridge that starts and keeps going straight until it turns slightly, It kept going and making it look like it goes on and ner ends.  is’t covered by the dark and light green bushes of wild leaves. It reminds of  the smell of fresh leaves. It reminded me of all the leaves in my garden. The wooden path looks like different logs glued together to make a path for people to walk on. The wooden path would smell like damp wood that kept getting wet by the bluish water underneath of the wooden path. The fresh smell of the water from the small creek that runs, from the center of the right hand side to the half way through the middle of the left hand side looked elegant. The fresh water from the creek made me imagine how it would feel if I cool against my hand. There's another tree next to the creek on the dirt part that seems to be covered with the wild leaf.  The wooden path seems to be capturing the attention when someone looked into the art work. The wooden path seemed that it was  endless. The white color seems to be the bubbles in the water that is running down from the creek.It’s a really special photograph to me. It’s special to me because he specifically brought it for my grandpa when he came back from Khulna. When I saw the photograph I fell in love with it right away. My grandpa saw how much I really liked the painting so Before he died he told me I can have the photograph. That’s the only thing I have left that reminds me of my grandpa. So it’s a really special photograph to me.  He died 6 months after we moved to united states. He was in the hospital when we first came to united states. Not only did we just come to united states and didn’t understand anything but we also had to get through my grandpa's funeral. I remember the time when he told me that I can have the painting. He was lying  on the hospital bed while I was sitting on the chair waiting for my mom to come pick me up. He just woke up from a nap. I asked him “how are you”  He looked at me and smiled and that just made my  day. He than said " you remember the photograph you always liked that your uncle got for me." "Yeah" I said. "Well you wanna keep it" 
he said " you're kidding, I know you like that photograph too , you won't give it to me" 
"you can have it" he said. "Really? oh my god thank you" I almost cried. Then couple of day after that he died which was really hard for my family. Coming to somewhere new and going through this is really hard. 

It was hard moving to a new place that I don’t know anything about this; the new land. I barely spoke any English, so it was hard to communicate with people. When we first landed in New York, we had so many problems talking to people and get through security. Everything was foreign to us and we didn’t know where anything was. It took us 2 hours to get everything together and get out of the airport. Although I did know some words, it didn’t help because it couldn't help me make full sentences nor communicate towards others.
When we moved to Philadelphia, we settled in my aunt's house for 2 weeks. It was hard living in someone's house for that long.  I felt like I didn’t really have a choice in what I was doing there. Meeting cousins that I never met before was an new experience. They spoke English while I didn’t know any, so I basically just listened to them and didn’t know how to reply back to them. 

Moving to a new country wasn’t the easiest transition in my life. But I knew from the beginning that I had to hold on and let this crazy moment in my life have it’s way. I knew that if I just let life do it’s thing and not worry about everything  that I left behind then I can get through that phase faster.