Musical Instrument Blog #1

Before starting, consider what type of instrument you might be interested in making for this project.

The instrument that I'm interested in making or playing is the celesta or piano.

Try to find a video of someone playing the instrument. As you do so, take notes on the following questions:

Nora Still Reflecting

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32473749/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals/t/secrets-behind-amazing-piano-playing-cat/

--How is it played? 
It's played with elegance. 
--What does the person have to do to produce sound?
Press on the right notes on the keyboard. 
--How do you change a note?
 Every key hits different sounds. On the left has more bass than the right which is more pitched. 
--How is it shaped?
It's a big instrument where you have to sit in front of and play it. 
--What does this make you think about how you can create and change sound?

I can have rods of different sizes like an organ and put it in a box then have metal rods as the keyboard and underneath the rod will be small metal balls attached to it so, when I press on the keyboard the sphere will hit the "organs" and create a sound. Just to think about it, after all that work, I should just go straight to making a xylophone. 

I suppose sound wave is caused by the vibration thats being transferred from the keys to the inside of the organs describing my design where as to a real piano, the vibration travels on the string.

Nora Still Reflecting
Nora Still Reflecting