Musical Instrument Blog post #2

I think that sound is produced by the vibrations of the metal/wooden stick hitting against the metal part
of the xylophone and that is what creates the sound. For example when you hit the metal thing with the
stick and then we heard the noise we came to the conclusion that the reason why we could hear it was
because of the air particles around the metal piece that was vibrating the us could hear the sound.

A way that I can change the pitch with using a xylophone is to change the size of the metal pieces that
I will be using some can be thick and some can be thin. Some can be bigger than others. The specific
characteristics that will make a difference are if I make some metal pieces are small and some metal
pieces are big.

The materials that I will need for this instrument are metal, wood, wooden or metal stick and some
crews. Metal is for the pieces that will be banged on to create the sound, the wood is for the foundation
for the metal pieces to sit on, the screws are to keep the metal pieces in place and the wooden or metal
stick is to create the sound.

One question that I still have is, what kind of math is involved in creating any kind of instrument, but
specifically for my project a creating a xylophone.