My Home Network

1) Explain your L.A.N. Local Area Network - all the devices on your internet connection.

A) My local area network spans throughout my entire house. I could go anywhere in my house and connect my devices to the WIFI and they’ll have no problem hooking up. The devices that I have on my network now are my computer and my sisters and I’s phones. I guess you could connect any pocket device but for now that’s what I have connected.

2) Reflect on what you learned about networks, did you have an OMG moment that you learned something new and interesting? if now write about what you learned.

A)I learned that depending on your internet provider there can be restrictions. Take the School District for example. Their network has certain websites that are forbidden to use once you’re connected to their network. To ensure that you do not go on the websites that could be hazardous to students and people in the work place they are able to block websites.

3)What would you tell other people that they need to know about having an ISP/Home network?

A)You are the only one who can control your home network. Unlike the school district’s network there are no restricted webpages or sites unless you put them there. Depending on your internet service provider your limitations may differ but for the most part you are in control of what you allow yourself to view on the internet.